Trick or Treat! This weekend my family is hosting a Toddler Halloween Party full of children with endless energy. The little ghosts and goblins will be searching for snacks to fuel up their metabolism. I gathered 6 healthy Halloween snacks that are yummy and interesting enough to attract the scariest vampire, fastest ninja, and beautiful princess.
Monster Fruit Salad
Simply carve a monster (just as you would a pumpkin) and remove all of the fruit, to display inside and on a serving tray. Add a variety of fruit options. Watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, apples, anything and everything.
You can use two veggies or get a bit creative with your vegetable jack-o-lantern, you need carrots and olives. The additional veggies can decorate your platter.
- Spiders on a log
- Monster Cheese
- Spiders on a Log
- Trail Mix
- Spider Deviled Egg
There are plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and healthy halloween snack recipes. Nuts.com has a great list of superfood, vegan & protein snack ideas for your family to enjoy!
One of my favorite appetizers, which could be a meal, is the Olive Garden grilled chicken flatbread. It’s so delicious and I’ve figured out an easy copy-cat recipe! There’s not too much to it, you can purchase the ingredients at your local grocery store and head home to make a warm and yummy meal in less than 40 minutes.
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 Chicken breast – grilled & sliced or diced
- 1 Jar of alfredo sauce
- Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- Shredded mozzarella cheese 2 cups (more or less)
- Grilled or baked bell peppers – sliced
- Chopped Basil Leaf
- Optional: lemon pepper seasoning
Preheat oven to 450*
- Bake your pillsbury pizza crust according to the packaging
- Grill Chicken with Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Once pizza crust & chicken is freshly off the grill
- Apply alfredo sauce to pizza crust
- Mix chicken with alfredo sauce, then apply as 1st layer to the crust
- Toss a few slices of grilled/baked red peppers
- Add freshly chopped basil leaves
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place into over until cheese is melted
This is such a delicious appetizer, you’ll want to make this easy Olive Garden copy cat recipe at home. The kids will love this! Perfect enough to be filling for a light lunch, entertainment snack, there won’t be a crumb left!
I’ve had a pack of 10+ chicken legs in the refrigerator for 2 days, wondering what I wanted to make with them. I wasn’t in the mood for cooking and decided that we would enjoy dinner at a family members house and place these in the crock pot. It’s my first time using the crock pot with minimal ingredients to make BBQ chicken. I’ve read many recipes and at times, I don’t have those ingredients that are required, like today! Therefore, I made my easiest crock pot recipe of BBQ Chicken Legs.
You will need:
- Chicken Legs
- BBQ Sauce
- Rinse chicken legs
- Rub BBQ and Honey on the chicken
- Place into crock pot
- Set on High 4 hours
It’s that easy! Our new favorite, effortless BBQ chicken recipe. We loved it and enjoyed it with corn and some baked beans.